About the Calangute
It is one of the most happening beaches of goa, therefore known as the ‘Queen of Beaches‘. Calangute beach attracts all types of travelers from nature lovers to adventure junkies to party freaks. This beach is located in north goa and offers a lot to the travelers.
How to reach?
Calangute beach is located in north of goa and you can easily reach there either by local transport or rental cabs. Calangute beach is around 40 kms from Dabolim airport for which you can either hire a cab or use local transport.
You can also reach Calangute by taking a train to Panjim and then either taking a local transport or hire a cab because it is only 11 kms from Panjim rly station.
It will take around 50 minutes to 1 hour to reach Calangute by private cab.
Best time to visit Calangute
Well you can visit Calangute beach any time throughout the year but the best time is from October to March. As there is too much rain during July to September. Whereas its too hot to burn your skin during April to June. Party lovers must visit Calangute during Christmas and New year.
Activities at Calangute Beach
You can experience a wide range of water sports at the beach. Like Parasailing, Jetski, Banana ride, Bumper ride, etc. You will get various packages which may include all water sports. You may take individual activities as well. Please bargain before finalizing.
Places to visit near Calangute beach
ST. Alex Church– This beautifully pristine white architecture is one of its kind and is present in Calangute. The church is open to the public from 9.00 am to 8.30 pm. It has a beautiful dome inside which makes it a must-visit.
Baga Beach– Another beach of north goa that have some amazing shacks and water sports. It is just an extension of Calangute beach which makes it very easy to access.
Kerkar Art Gallery– This art gallery is famous because it has sculptures, paintings, collectables that are made of terracotta and elliptical in shape. It also hosts dance and music night every week.
Aguada Fort– This fort is an old Portuguese fort having a light house. Many Hindi films have been shot down there so you can visit this fort for some amazing views and photography.
Must try shacks and Restaurants at the Beach
There are a large number of resto bars available at the Calangute Beach having beds where you can take sunbath and your favourite drink. I am listing here few which you must try:
- Rudy’s Golden Mermaid– This beach shack serves the best of Continental, North Indian, Chinese and Goan food. The seafood is simply awesome, and the drinks too are scintillating. It illuminates with dazzling lights at night and the ambience turns more exotic with live music and cocktails.
- Souza Lobo- Souza Lobo is a beach shack which serves some signature Goan food. Prepared with traditional Goan style, the spicy masalas, and other ingredients lend a tangy taste and spicy flavours to the food dishes. One cannot miss the seafood as it is very special, and the meats and vegetarian dishes are also very tempting.
3. Aggies café
4.Chelsea Beach Shack
5. Desi Kitchen
Shopping at Calangute
There are many local shops and markets offering you the best Goan items and souvenir. You can find a variety of items from wood carvings to clothes, paintings, pottery etc. Here I am listing famous local markets where you can shop.
- Saturday Bazar: This is a weekly bazaar which you can find only on Saturdays. This market offers you a variety of items such as groceries, textiles, meat, vegetables, etc. It is located near the post office in Calangute.
- Tibetan Market: This is a daily market offering Tibetan style items and reflecting Tibetan culture. It is located between Baga and Calangute beach. Here you can buy items like incense sticks, blankets, prayer flags, etc.
Nightlife at Calangute Beach
Nightlife at any of the beaches in Goa is worth experiencing however, Calangute is the most vibrant out of all. The nightlife scene of the beach simply lightens the city with cultural, music and dance shows. Parties and wines are the main attractions of beach that draws a large number of traveler junkies from all across the world.
You can either visit beach for an amazing night experience or I am listing you few places where you can enjoy to the fullest near Calangute beach.
- The Red lion pub
- The Log Cabin
- Sportsman’s Bar
- Bistroy Bar and Restaurant
- Pete’s Bar
Places to stay near Calangute Beach
There are a lot of luxurious properties near Calangute beach. Some of them are beach properties and some are very luxurious hotels. You can stay in any of the properties depending on what you like. I am mentioning some of the exotic properties which are ‘value for money’ and where you may want to stay.
- Adamo- The Bellus: This beach resort is located within 700 meters from Calangute beach and is a lavish property with 85 rooms. The average cost of one room will be around 3200rs for 2.
- Kyriad Prestige Calangute Goa: A very spacious property that have it all. It is located just 700m from Calangute Beach. Average cost for one room will be around 3000rs for 2.
- Hard Rock Hotel Goa: This one is a little expensive hotel as compared to above 2 but a 5 star property. As the name suggests you will get a music band every evening in your restaurant cum bar. Average cost for a room will be around 6000 including breakfast.
- Mayflower Beach Resort: It reflects the Portuguese style of architecture and have 66 spacious rooms. If you wish to experience an open air bar then this one suites you.
- Peninsula Beach Resort: Located just a few minutes away from the beach, this elegantly designed resort offers guests the view of the beach overlooking the sea. It has 45 rooms as well as hillside cottages which are well-equipped with the basic amenities.
- Resort Terra Paraiso: Located a few minutes away from the main area of the beach, this resort is best if you wish to have an authentic experience blending the Goan and Portuguese lifestyles. Considered to be the best resort in Calangute, it has 64 well-appointed rooms which open up to the pool area.
How do you like the article, please comment below.
If you wish to book a tour with us, please visit https://indiavacay.com/ . We guarantee you will never book with anyone else ever again.