In this hustling and bustling life of ours, everyone needs a getaway. A getaway where one can find peace of mind and at the same time have fun also. Although definition of peace is different for everyone. As someone may like to rest at a beach whereas some may find mountains peaceful. If you are also looking for such type of getaway then Paradise beach is the place that you must visit.
This beach is situated 8kms away from Pondicherry. This beach got its name because of the peaceful experience it provides to its visitors away from the busy life of city.
In this blog I will be telling you everything about this beach, how to reach, where to stay, activities to do, etc. Lets start:
About Paradise Beach
This isolated beach of Pondicherry is a great weekend respite to enjoy with your family, friends, and relatives. After enjoying a boat ride from Pondicherry town to the Paradise beach.
To get to the beach you have to take a boat from the town of Pondicherry and the route is very mesmerizing. It is located at a distance of only 8 kms from the central bus stand situated in the town of Pondicherry. You can relax at the beach, have some water sports as well.
There are a lot of shacks where you can take a sunbath and enjoy the delicious snacks as well. It has an unparalleled charm with its thick mangrove forest cover making the backwaters appear green.
How to reach Paradise Beach
You have to visit Pondicherry first to get to paradise beach. You can either visit Pondicherry by train or by flight. There is a direct train from New Delhi to Pondicherry which will take around 43 hrs. The other route will be to take a flight to Chennai and then reach Pondicherry either by a cab or by bus. It will take around 3 hrs by cab.
From Pondicherry central bus stand the only way to reach the beach is by taking a boat Chunnambar Boat House. It is about 8kms from the bus stand. This boathouse lies along the highway between Cuddalore and Pondicherry.
Activities to do at the Beach
There are a lot of activities that you can enjoy at the beach from water sports to beach shacks or eating at a beach restaurant. Here are some of the activities listed below:
- Water sports: You can enjoy water sports like jetski, Canoeing, paragliding, banana boat etc. However, you need to check the time because these water sports are dependent on weather.
2. Photography: Paradise beach is really a paradise for photographers. Some sights and transitions will inspire even the non-photographers to put their idle hands to work and click some outstanding images.
The mangrove forests which guards the river banks soon become wrapped with a lush green layer of fresh leaves. So if you are a nature lover and want to capture those moments then this place is for you. Moreover, if you visit the beach just after the showers then it is treat to watch.
3. Beach Shacks: Just like any other beach this beach also offers shacks with beds to have a sunbath. You can enjoy with some chilled beer and lip smacking snacks at the shacks as well.
4. Walking: If you don’t want to do any of the above activities you might like to walk bare feet on the beach. The ear loving sound of the waves at the shore and water touching feets will give you immense pleasure. You may also like to see the stunning sunset at the beach.
Some major attractions near the Paradise beach
Apart from the splendid paradise beach you may also like to visit some of the other famous places also. Here is the list:
- Auroville or Matrimandir: It is a one hundred foot high spherical structure with the lotus bud shaped foundation. Its outer walls are decorated by gold-encased discs.
French architect Roger Anger designed this beautiful structure with a purpose of universal oneness. People from different cultures can come here to live together and explore scientific, educational, cultural and spiritual pursuits as per the Auroville charter.
2. Shri Aurobindo Ashram: At a distance of 3 km from Pondicherry Bus Station, Sri Aurobindo Ashram is a famous spiritual community (ashram) located in Pondicherry. This ashram comprises several buildings and there are around 1,200 members along with 400 students living in this center.
It is around 19 kms from the paradise beach and only 3kms from Pondicherry bus station.
3. Pondicherry Museum: It is one of the popular places in Pondicherry. It is around 13 kms from paradise beach. This museum has an excellent gallery with sculptures and has the remains of archaeological findings from the Arikamedu Roman. It also have have artifacts belonging to Cholas and Pallavas rule of Pondicherry and Karaikal.
Timings: 10 AM – 5 PM. Closed on Mondays and National holidays.
Entrance Fee: Rs. 15 per person.
4. Pondicherry or Promenade Beach: At a distance of 3.5 km from Pondicherry Bus Station, Promenade Beach is one of the popular beaches in Pondicherry along the Bay of Bengal. It is a 1.5 km long stretch between War Memorial and Dupleix Park.
It’s a long stretch of rocky beach with benches and wide pavement for morning and evening walks. This beach is called by multiple names like rock beach due to rocks along the beach, Gandhi beach because of statue of Mahatma Gandhi and also as Promenade beach.
Best time to visit the beach
Although you can visit the paradise beach anytime in the year but you must check the weather forecast before visiting. Rainy day may hamper your wish to indulge in any water sports or sometimes may even restrict you to going to the shore.
The best time to visit the beach is from November to March when there is not much humidity and you can relax as well as enjoy water sports also.
Hope you enjoyed the article. Why not leave a comment below and let us know 🙂
For exciting holiday packages please visit www.indiavacay.com